Watch a video of a polar bear cub taking his first steps at the Toronto Zoo.
The cub was born on November 9, 2013 and is making great progress. His achievements include:
- Standing on all four legs and taking steps forward.
- Learning to lap up milk formula from a dish
- Teething – his canines, incisors, and some of his molars can now be felt. He likes to bite objects like his blanket.
- Playing – he is quite active, and he is interacting with his surroundings.
- Gaining weight – he currently weighs about 4.5 kg, which is a 529% increase since his original birth weight of 700 grams.
Learn more at the Toronto Zoo website.