Today is Earth Day! There are many small steps you can take to help the environment, starting today.
Here are a few examples:
1. Use public transportation, walk, or ride a bike instead of using a car.
2. Grow your own fruits and vegetables in a backyard garden.
3. Plant a tree or three!
4. Bring reusable bags with you when you go shopping.
5. Swap out household cleaning products with biodegradable/eco-friendly versions.
What steps will you take today?
For even more ideas, see the EPA’s page, “Pick 5 for the Environment.”
One way to celebrate Earth Day is by making your yard/garden wildlife-friendly.
Happy Earth Day from Animal Fact Guide!
Here are a few things you can do to celebrate the holiday:
- Pick up litter in your area
- Plant native trees, shrubs, and other plants
- Make your yard/garden wildlife-friendly
- Reduce carbon emissions by limiting/eliminating driving and gas-powered mowing
- Reduce waste by composting, using reusable bags and water bottles, and recycling
Today is Earth Day, a day to recognize the importance of our environment and help preserve it. It may seem like a big task to help save the Earth, but there are many things you can do.
-You can grow plants that are native to your area to help protect local species.
-You can pick up trash in your area.
-You can write to your congressperson to ask for stricter environmental controls.
-You can walk, ride a bike, or take public transportation instead of driving.
-You can help raise awareness of the need to recycle .
-You can conserve energy by switching to efficient light bulbs and turning off lights when you are not in the room.
-You can conserve water by taking showers instead of baths.
-You can switch to reusable water bottles.
Large numbers of people making small changes can have a big impact on the Earth.